Thursday, July 5, 2012

Community Service

Community service to me is not just about earning hours, but it is about helping others overcome obstacles or just putting a smile upon some one face. In the years I have took part in many community service projects such as
    1. The Atrium- In which is an senior citizens home, and I would go every Tuesday and work with senior citizens. I would help them with arts and crafts projects and just sit down and talk to them about life and the things that goes on it.

    2. HOSA Blood Drive- This was a blood drive that my school held and I was the person who would go around and look for the people to give blood and make sure that they were taken care of properly after giving blood.

    3. JROTC Empty Stocking Funds- This was when I went on a field trip to a warehouse that was filled with toys and people who could not afford the toys. I would be in the back gathering the toys that was on the list and then go and give them to the family who needed them.

    4. Jump Start Program- This was an summer program that was held at my high school for the upcoming freshmen and I was responsible for making sure that the students knew their way around the school and get them ready for high school.

    5. Yearbook- In yearbook I was responsible for 3 spreads and had to make sure they was done properly and correctly so it can go into the yearbook.

    6. Stone Mountain Clean Up- This is when I went to Stone Mountain Park with a program called UpwardBound and I help clean up parts of the park that had plants that needed to be removed to a different locations. So i would go pick up trees and pull plants that looked different and remove them.

    from geiselmed

      No comments:

      Post a Comment